Self-Stick Vinyl Floor Tile Products And Installation Services
Vinyl flooring is well known for its simple and quick installation. Self-adhesive vinyl tiles provide a great flooring option for homeowners to take over DIY (Do It Yourself) project and get the flooring installed quickly and easily. Most of the vinyl tile products come with peel and stick installation facilities. The installation of these tiles is much easier and most of the homeowners like to install it. If you are one of those homeowners going for DIY self-stick vinyl tile flooring, spare a few minutes to go through detailed instructions by experts at Vinflor to make your flooring perfect and look like installed professionally.
While Installing Self-Stick Vinyl Tiles
Although installation of self-adhesive vinyl tiles is much easier, it is essential to take care of minute things to avoid damages to flooring and improve its aesthetic appearance. Here are some words of advice from experts to make your installation perfect.
- Prepare flooring with Latex Primer – These tiles come with manufacturer’s instructions but it may lack of telling the preparation of flooring which is very important. Prime the flooring with latex primer and it helps stick tiles properly. Especially, if the surface is concrete or porous ply, it is essential to prime the floor properly to bind the tiles in a better way.
- Check for grouts – You may install these tiles on wooden, concrete or existing vinyl flooring. Check if the surface has grouts more than a ¼ inch. It needs to level the flooring with patch compound as these large grout lines become visible.
- Check moisture level – If the moisture level is above 5%, It needs to use poly underlayment, strong and little flexible despite of any subfloor material.
- Assure uniform color and appearance – The color of vinyl tiles from different batch varies slightly. To avoid shifting in colors, mix the tiles from two batches alternately and this will give uniform look to the flooring.
- Remember to leave gap with walls to cope with climatic changes – Leave the gap of ¼ inches on either side between flooring and wall to allow expansion of flooring.
- Calculate before proceeding – Check the width and length of flooring installation and divide it by tile length and width to get balanced look. Especially while installing self-stick planks, adjust the width of first and last row and length of first and last planks for uniform and balanced look.
- For installation under door opening – It is recommended to cut the door casing by jamb cutter or handsaw so that plank or tile can slide under the door smoothly.
- Seal the seams with roller – Use large roller and move it back and forth on the floor to seal the seams. Install edging and the flooring is complete.
These tips are sufficient to ensure uniform and long lasting installation of self-stick vinyl tiles. If you have any queries or you need help for installation, do not hesitate to call our experts. Call us at 016-2165601 for self-stick vinyl floor tiles and installation services.